Call for Cancer Projects: Repurposing of Drugs - Breakthrough in Cancer Treatment
Funding Cancer Projects
Reliable Cancer Therapies (RCT) announces € 300 000 for projects repurposing existing drugs for cancer treatment. The drugs must have been developed and approved for other indication(s). Relevant clinical trial endpoints (cancer survival & tumor response) should be the primary research assessments.
RCT also promotes collaborative research projects between researchers at different universities and/or organisations.
About the Call for Applications
• Medical Degree required for Principal Investigator (PI) or co-PI
• 1 application per PI
• Resubmission is allowed (please indicate the reason for previous decline)
• Set up of proposal:
◦ Application form: maximum 2 pages
◦ in appendix 1: biography & references of the PI and co-PI
◦ in appendix 2: overview of the budget (including salaries, supplies, equipment, patient care costs, and other expenses).
• If your cancer project is selected in the first round, detailled information will be requested for consideration of the final award selections.
• Approved proposals will be supported with a maximum of € 300 000 for 3 years.
Reliable Cancer Therapies (RCT) is a non-profit organization based in Switzerland that provides research-based information on cancer therapies and selectively funds the development of promising therapies.
RCT investigates information on cancer therapies for evidence to then inform the public about evidence-based cancer treatment choices. We help cancer patients and caregivers to structure and absorb the complex nature of cancer information for their decision-making on registered complementary or alternative therapies.
RCT is continuously looking for cancer therapies that have never been thoroughly examined and consider financing cancer treatments that can be deemed promising based on measurable results.
Application deadline is June 28, 2013 at 8am GMT. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Please submit applications to Ann-Christine Moenaert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
RCT will review the applications internally with the support from our appropriate external experts by August 14, 2013. If the project is selected in the first round, more detailled information will be requested by September 13, 2013. Final decisions will be made on October 4, 2013.
Contacts at RCT
Please direct any technical questions to Ann-Christine Moenaert (email@example.com)
Please contact Gauthier Bouche, MD (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any clinical or scientific questions.