A public service listing of grants and other funding to support health research, programs and scholarship.
Human Rights Essay Award Annual Competition: 2014 Topic--Persons with Disabilities and International Human Rights Law
The Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy and seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law. Participants have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the assigned topic. The essay has to be a legal article.
The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish. The Award in each case will consist of:
• a scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options
• travel expenses to Washington D.C.
• housing at the university dorms
• a per diem for living expenses
The best articles may be published in the American University International Law Review.
Eligibility and Requirements:
• Candidates must hold a law degree and have demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
• Articles must not exceed 35 pages in length, including footnotes, and must be double spaced using 12-point Times New Roman font, in letter size paper (8.5 x11) with 1 inch (2.54 cm) margins all around. Any essay which does not follow the guidelines will be reformatted and 5 points will be taken off. If the essay is longer than 35 pages, it will be automatically disqualified.
• Each participant must also include a curriculum vitae of no more than three pages in length explaining the experience or interest of the author in human rights issues. Please submit the CV as a separate file from your paper.
• The essay has to be a legal article, therefore it will include foot pages and citations. The absence of those will cause that the essay will be disqualified.
• Articles can only be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format.
• The deadline to submit articles is February 1, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. E.S.T.
• Winners will be announced on April 1, 2014 through our Web site.
*Scholarship is not applicable to enroll for ABA Credit. All expenses are subject to limitations.
Web design by Noel Ruiz