A public service listing of grants and other funding to support health research, programs and scholarship.
American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons 2014 Research Grant Program
The objective of the ASES Research Grant is to encourage new investigators by providing seed and start-up funding for promising shoulder and elbow research projects. Grants of up to $20,000, for work to be performed over 12-24 months, will be considered.
The submission deadline is Thursday, September 12, 2013.
Grants will be reviewed by the ASES Research Committee.
The period of the grant will be from January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014.
1. An orthopaedic surgeon must serve as the principal or co-principal investigator. Ph.D.’s or D.V.M.'s may serve as the principal or co-principal investigator, as long as they are affiliated with an orthopaedic department with an orthopaedic surgeon as the co-principal investigator. (A letter from the department chairman confirming this affiliation is required.)
2. The principal investigator must be working at an institution in North America.
3. An orthopaedic resident or fellow cannot apply for a Research grant.
4. The orthopaedic surgeon must provide a statement on time to be allocated to the project each week during the 24 month time period, including percent of time and use of time.
5. A candidate who has received an NIH RO 1 grant or its equivalent as a principal investigator is not eligible for an ASES Research grant.
6. ASES will fund only one Research grant per institution per year.
American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
6300 North River Rd., Suite 727
Rosemont, IL 60018
P: (847) 698-1629
F: (847) 823-0536
Web design by Noel Ruiz