ScanGrants is a public service listing of grants and other funding types to support health research, programs and scholarship.
2013 ASPIRE Rheumatology Research Awards
As competition for research funding increases, the ASPIRE program underscores Pfizer's commitment to supporting research in rheumatologic diseases.
The mission of the 2013 ASPIRE program is to support basic science, translational and clinical research through a competitive grants program that advances medical knowledge in the epidemiology, pathogenesis and treatment of selected diseases.
The ASPIRE Program demonstrates Pfizer’s commitment to supporting promising investigators with an interest in advancing knowledge in defined disease areas including rheumatologic diseases.
Scientific research continues to advance our knowledge and understanding of rheumatologic diseases. The 2013 ASPIRE Rheumatology Research Awards are designed to fund research proposals aimed to further the understanding of certain rheumatologic conditions and contribute to excellence in patient care.
Areas of Focus
Research areas of interest are as follows:
• Biomarker development/validation using patient-derived material
• Studies to improve diagnosis, prognosis or treatment
• Imaging in early diagnosis
• Imaging in treatment monitoring
• Patient-Reported Outcomes
• Impact of Discordance Between Patient and Physician Ratings of Disease Activity on Outcomes
Pfizer is funding research awards up to a maximum of $75,000 USD per-annum for up to 2 years (maximum total of an award over the 2 years of funding is $150,000).
To be eligible for an award, applicants must:
• have a professional degree (MD, PhD, PharmD or equivalent)
• reside in the United States
Deadline for Application
• Applications must be received by July 1, 2013, 11:59pm EDST
• Addenda, supplemental materials, changes, or updates will not be accepted after the deadline
• Notification of Awards recipients will be in August 2013
How to Apply
Applications are to be submitted to Pfizer through an online submission website.