Call for Applications/Nominations: Society of Critical Care Medicine Dr. Joseph and Rae Brown Award
The Dr. Joseph and Rae Brown Award recognizes an SCCM member who has significantly advanced multiprofessional quality care for critically ill and injured patients at the regional or local level. The award was established to honor the Browns for their work in organizing and sustaining the Pennsylvania Society of Critical Care Medicine (PASCCM), which later became the Pennsylvania Chapter of SCCM.
Application/Nomination Deadline: August 1, 2012
Notification Deadline: December 1, 2012
Amount: $500 cash award
The criteria for this award must include one or more of the following:
1. An SCCM member who has made extraordinary contributions of time, energy, and resources to chapters and/or affiliate matters during the previous year.
2. An SCCM member with dedication, commitment, and outstanding contributions to the field of critical care at a regional or local level during the past year.
3. Exceptional leadership contributions that have furthered the vision and mission of chapters and/or affiliates over a period of time.
4. Innovation or meritorious contributions that improve the care provided to critically ill and injured patients and their families in the recipient's country, state, or region.
5. An outstanding clinician/teacher and a role model of excellence in both the teaching and clinical practice of critical care in the regional or local area (not just their institution).
Nominations should include a summary of the nominee's accomplishments in critical care at the local or regional level and must be submitted to the Pennsylvania Chapter's Executive Committee by August 1, 2012 in care of Carol Prendergast at firstname.lastname@example.org