ScanGrants is a public service listing of grants and other funding types to support health research, programs and scholarship.
2 funding opportunities found in this category. Change the order of results:
Lowest Award to Highest
Highest Award to Lowest
Call for Nominations: American Association for the Advancement of Science Award for Scientific Freedom and Responsibility
Nomination deadline: September 1, 2014
The AAAS Award for Scientific Freedom and Responsibility is presented annually by the American Association for the Advancement of Science to honor scientists and engineers whose exemplary actions have served to foster scientific freedom and responsibility.
The Award recognizes scientists and engineers who have:
• acted to protect the public’s health, safety, or welfare; or
• focused public attention on important potential impacts of science and technology on society by their responsible participation in public policy debates; or
• established important new precedents in carrying out the social responsibilities or in defending the professional freedom of scientists and engineers.
This annual award was established in 1980 and consists of a prize of $5,000, a commemorative plaque, complimentary registration, and reimbursement for travel and hotel expenses to attend the AAAS Annual Meeting.
We hope that the presentation of this award will inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers as they begin their careers.
The award is open to all regardless of nationality or citizenship.
• Send us your name, address, and phone number; and the name(s) and address(es) of the nominee.
• A summary of the action(s) that form the basis for the nomination (about 250 words).
• A longer statement (no more than three pages) providing additional details of the action(s) for which the candidate is nominated.
• The candidate’s vita (no more than three pages).
• Any documentation (books, articles, or other materials) that illuminates the significance of the nominee’s achievement may also be submitted.
All materials become the property of AAAS.
Please submit all information to:
AAAS Science and Policy Programs
Attention: Deborah Runkle
1200 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Call for Proposals: Medical Toxicology Foundation Research Award: Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention
The deadline for submissions is 11:59 pm ET on February 14, 2014.
The Medical Toxicology Foundation is accepting proposals for innovative research projects designed to mitigate the harm associated with prescription drug abuse.
Misuse and abuse of prescription opioids, stimulants, and sedative medications has reached epidemic proportions in the United States. Overdose is now the leading cause of unintentional injury death, and most of these deaths are caused by prescription medications.
The MTF will support outstanding research and other initiatives that have the potential to reduce the misuse and abuse of prescription drugs, particularly among young people. A major goal is to support the development and/or analysis of innovative prevention, treatment, and/or harm reduction strategies.
The maximum amount of this award is $5,000 for direct costs. By policy, the MTF does not cover indirect costs. The maximum award period is two years.
The grant is open to any ACMT member in good standing. The PI or Senior Investigator must be an active ACMT member. Co-Investigators are not required to be ACMT members and collaboration with professionals from other disciplines is encouraged.