Call for Applications: American Society for Dermatologic Surgery 2013 Cutting Edge Research Grant Program
Submission Deadline: July 8, 2013
Uniting education and innovation in dermatologic surgery
Up to $100,000 in grants to be awarded
Special request for research related to:
• Evidence-based medicine
• Comparative efficacy research
• Quality studies
• Patient safety studies
The Cutting Edge Research Grant Program unites education and innovation to encourage and stimulate clinical research and the transfer of new technologies from the research settings to surgical practice. Since 2000, the ASDS has awarded more than $1 million in clinical research funding in surgical oncology, lasers, botulinum toxins, fillers, liposuction and other cosmetic procedures.
The 2013 application process will be online only for the first time in order to increase efficiency and standardization in submissions and reviews.The ASDS will be accepting applications for 2013 Cutting Edge Research Grants as of Feb. 18, 2013. In 2013, up to $100,000 in grants will be awarded in amounts up to $20,000 per recipient in order to stimulate a broad scope of research relevant to dermatologic surgeons and the dermatology specialty at large.
ASDS members are specifically encouraged to submit proposals in the areas of depth of training, scope of practice, safety record, efficacy as well as to research with specific relevance in:
• Cosmetic medicine and surgery
• Core surgical procedures and techniques
• Cutaneous oncology
• New technologies
In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following eligibility criteria and guidelines:
• The principal investigator must be an ASDS member.
• The research topic must be clinically or socioeconomically oriented to dermatologic surgery.
• Research must be conducted in the United States or Canada and with sponsorship by a department or division of dermatology or other independent dermatologic-related oversight group or organization.
• The applicant/principal investigator must be physically and intellectually capable of performing the work.
• The applicant/principal investigator must be sure his/her institution or grant administrator approves him/her to accept the grant prior to submitting the application.
American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
5550 Meadowbrook Drive, Suite 120
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008