Hand Surgery Resident & Fellow Fast-Track Seed Grants
The AFSH recognizes that hand surgery residents and fellows would benefit from a research funding mechanism that offers a small amount of funding to seed innovative projects related to hand surgery. The scope of the project is smaller, and the time to funding is faster than the traditional AFSH basic science and clinical research grants.
Eligibility: Hand surgery fellows or surgical residents in ACGME-accredited programs are eligible to apply. Funding will be limited to one applicant per institution. Up to $4,000 will be awarded per project.
Timeline: Deadline for proposals is August 1, 2013. Applicants may be required to make revisions to their proposals prior to receiving funding.
1.Submit an application (five pages total in Word format) consisting of:
1. Introduction of the problem
2. Purpose and hypothesis
3. Specific Aims
4. Research Methods, including statistical analysis
2. Submit supporting documents consisting of:
1. Letter of Support: This must be from an ASSH member and should detail how the process of mentoring will take place, including the direct role the mentor will take in the project. The letter of support will be an important component of the decision whether or not to award funding.
2. Animal or Human Subjects application
3. Curriculum vitae
Applications are due to the ASSH Central Office in electonic format. Electronic applications must be received by 11:59PM on the day of the deadline.
1. Email one electronic application in Word format to: email@example.com
2. IRB documentation and letter(s) of support may be emailed as PDFs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email Sarah Meyer Hughes email@example.com or call (312) 880-1900.