5 funding opportunities found in this category. Change the order of results:
Lowest Award to Highest
Highest Award to Lowest
Pat McCue/New Orleans Chapter End-of-Life Care Nursing Career Development Award
Awards: One annual award of $2,500 sponsored by the Pat McCue Memorial/New Orleans Chapter fund.
Purpose: To support educational activities for RNs dedicated to caring for patients and their families during final stages of life.
1. Employed as a registered nurse with a minimum of 75% of time involved in end-of-life care.
2. Minimum of 1-year experience in end-of-life care.
NOTE: An individual cannot receive this award more than one time
* The New Orleans Chapter of ONS established this award in memory of Pat McCue-Moran, a leading oncology hospice nurse who was active in ONS.
Application deadline: 6/15/2014
Bone Marrow Transplant Career Development Awards
Award: Four $2,000 awards
Purpose: To support registered nurse working in bone marrow transplantation by providing financial assistance to attend a continuing education program(s) that will further the nurses' professional goals as they related to transplant nursing. This award cannot be used for tuition in an academic program.
• Currently employed as a registered nurse working in bone marrow transplantation with a minimum of 75% time devoted to patient care, or in the position of nurse manager, nurse practitioner, or clinical nurse specialist with BMT patient population or a BMT coordinator.
• Two or more years in BMT nursing practice prior to application due date.
• Cannot be used for ONS Congress or ONS Connections conferences or for education programs/courses that lead to an academic degree.
Oncology Nursing Society Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
All awards, grants and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
To provide scholarships to registered nurses who are interested in and committed to oncology nursing to continue their education by pursuing a research doctoral degree (PhD or DNSc) or clinical doctoral degree (DNP).
Doctoral scholarships awarded at $3,000 and $5,000 annually.
1. The candidate must be currently enrolled in (or applying to) a PhD, DNSc or DNP nursing degree program for the 2014-2015 academic year.
2. The candidate must have a current license to practice as a registered nurse and must have an interest in and commitment to oncology nursing.
3. Two professional letters of support are required. One of these letters must address the applicant's ability to perform doctoral level work.
4. At the end of each year of scholarship participation, the nurse shall submit a summary describing the education activities in which he/she participated.
Submit $5 application fee (through ONS eSource)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1, 2014
Oncology Nursing Society Foundation Master's Scholarships
Supported by the ONS Foundation and Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
To provide scholarships to registered nurses who are interested in and committed to oncology nursing to continue their education by pursuing a master's degree in nursing.
Masters degree scholarships are awarded annually at $3,000 each.
1. The candidate must be currently enrolled in (or applying to) a masters nursing degree at an NLN or CCNE accredited School of Nursing and enrolled in the 2014-2015 academic year.
3. Upon completion of degree, the nurse shall submit a summary describing the education activities in which he/she participated.
NOTE: An individual cannot receive this award more than one time.
Submit $5 application fee (made through ONS eSource)
Oncology Nursing Society Foundation Bachelor's Scholarships
Supported by the ONS Foundation, Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation and Oncology Practice Alliance, Inc.
Purpose: To provide scholarships to individuals who are interested in and committed to oncology nursing and pursuing a baccalaureate degree in nursing.
• The candidate must be enrolled for their senior year of a bachelor of nursing degree program at an NLN or CCNE accredited School of Nursing in the 2014-2015 academic year.
• Bachelor's scholarships awarded annually at $2,000 each
• Scholarships are available to individuals who are pursuing a bachelor's degree in nursing, do not currently hold an RN license and do not have a college degree
Note: An individual cannot receive this award more than one time.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2014
Required: Submit $5 application fee made payable to ONS Foundation through ONS eSource