Request for Proposals: Accelerating Drug Discovery for Frontotemporal Dementias
Research investigating the pathologic mechanisms of neurodegeneration in frontotemporal dementia (FTD) and related disorders is advancing, creating new potential targets for drug discovery. The Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) and The Association for frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD) seek to accelerate and support drug discovery for FTD and related dementias through this Request for Proposals (RFP).
Priority areas for this program include:
• Development of biomarkers to accelerate drug development and early diagnosis
• Innovative pilot clinical trials
• Target validation studies
• Development and testing of novel high throughput screening assays
• Medicinal chemistry on lead compounds
• Identification and in vitro testing of potentially disease modifying lead compounds
• ADME, toxicology, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics on lead compounds
• Testing of lead compounds in a relevant animal model for preclinical proof of concept
Please note: this funding will not support applications for basic research.
Mechanism (s) of support:
ADDF/AFTD will provide grants for one-year duration (up to $150,000 each) with the possibility of follow-on funding.
Applications may be submitted by non-profit academic institutions and for-profit biotechnology companies, both public and private, worldwide. Please note that funding to biotechnology companies is typically made as a program
The deadline date for applications is September 5, 2013.
Submission of a Letter of Intent (LOI) is required prior to August 22nd, 2013.
Applications will be confidentially reviewed by the ADDF and an external Scientific Review Committee, including
members of AFTD’s Medical Advisory Council.
Applications from biotechnology companies will also be reviewed by ADDF’s external Business Advisory Board.
Award winners will be publicly announced in Spring 2014.
All letters of intent and applications must be submitted electronically at www.alzdiscovery.org.