Request for Proposals: Tourette Syndrome Association Grant and Fellowship Program
The Tourette Syndrome Association requests research grant proposals from Ph.D. and M.D. researchers in basic and clinical studies on all aspects of Tourette syndrome.
All applications relevant to Tourette Syndrome will be considered.
Areas of particular interest for this cycle are:
• Neuropathology (utilizing tissue in the TSA Brain Tissue Collection)
• Experimental Therapeutics
• Animal Models
Candidates must have a M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent. Previous experience in the field of movement disorders is desirable, but not essential. Applicants may reside outside the United States.
Post-Doctoral Fellowships: up to $40,000 for 1 year
Research Grant Awards: up to $75,000 for 1 year or up to $150,000 for two years
TSA will consider reasonable requests for:
• Salaries (for US institutions, NIH salary caps apply)
• Laboratory supplies and other research-related expenses
• Travel expenses for investigators (up to $1,500 per year)
• Research equipment up to $5,000 (excluding equipment for personal or office use [e.g. computers])
• Indirect costs of up to 10% may be included, but the total value of the grant may not exceed the levels stated above
For preliminary screening, a Pre-Proposal is required.
Due Date: September 6, 2013
Submit the filled-in Pre-proposal form as an email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Grant Proposal
Due Date: November 15, 2013
Detailed instructions will be sent to applicants who are invited to apply for a research grant.
Awards Announced: March, 2014
718-224-2999, ext. 222 or email