ScanGrants is a public service listing of grants and other funding types to support health research, programs and scholarship.
1 funding opportunities found in this category. Change the order of results:
Lowest Award to Highest
Highest Award to Lowest
Edward C. Dolbey Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarships
The American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science Education and Research Fund (E&R Fund) and the honorary Alpha Mu Tau Fraternity (AMTF) provide undergraduate scholarships for students enrolled in Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science, Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician, Histotechnology, or Cytotechnology programs.
The E&R Fund also provides graduate student scholarships. E&R Fund scholarships are supported by member and industry contributions and bequests, by the Edward C. Dolbey Trust, and by the proceeds of a silent auction held at the ASCLS annual meeting. Annually 20–25 undergraduate and graduate scholarships are awarded, depending on contribution levels and market conditions.
Each undergraduate Dolbey scholarship winner is awarded up to $1500 and each graduate Dolbey scholarship winner up to $3000. Recipients are notified by email and are honored at the ASCLS Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony. AMTF scholarship winners are also honored at the AMTF dinner held during the Annual Meeting.
Eligibility for E&R Fund and AMTF Scholarships
• Graduate scholarship applicants must be a member of ASCLS.
• Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
• Undergraduate applicants may apply during their final year.
• Undergraduate applicants must be enrolled in a NAACLS accredited program.
• Graduate applicants (E&R Fund) must be accepted into or enrolled in an approved Masters or Doctoral program in areas related to Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science including Clinical Laboratory Education or Management.
• Graduate applicants cannot complete their education before the scholarship is awarded.
Applications Available November 1; Application Deadline is April 1
Only one application and performance evaluation each is necessary to be considered for all available undergraduate or graduate scholarships, respectively.
Undergraduate Student Process
One application and one performance evaluation enters the student into competition for both the E&R Fund and AMTF undergraduate scholarships.
Graduate Student Process
Use the graduate application and performance evaluation forms to apply for a graduate scholarship. For convenience, AMTF also processes E&R fund graduate student applications. Only typewritten or computer-generated forms are accepted.
Electronic documents are not accepted. Mail completed application forms and accompanying documentation to address included on the application.