ScanGrants is a public service listing of grants and other funding types to support health research, programs and scholarship.
3 funding opportunities found in this category. Change the order of results:
Lowest Award to Highest
Highest Award to Lowest
Call for Applications: Mary Kay Foundation Domestic Violence Shelter Grant Program
The goal of The Mary Kay Foundation is to eliminate domestic violence. As a part of this effort, the Foundation makes grants to worthwhile organizations that aid survivors of domestic violence by operating emergency shelters.
Grants to applicants that operate emergency shelters for survivors of domestic violence will be made following review of this application and the required attachments. Failure to include all information specified in this application, including the required attachments, will result in disqualification of the applicant.
Please note: Only applicants operating an emergency shelter (immediate overnight housing) for survivors of domestic violence are eligible for a grant. Please do not apply if your organization does not operate an emergency shelter for survivors of domestic violence.
The funds awarded by the Foundation may be used for the operating budget of the applicant, with the exception of staff travel. No exceptions will be made.
Upon selection of the awardees, the Foundation will mail a check in accordance with information contained in the cover letter. No notification will be sent to applicants that are not selected. All decisions of the Foundation are final.
Failure to receive a grant does not prohibit the applicant from applying the following year. In order for the Foundation to aid the largest number of applicants possible, applicants that receive grants must skip a year before applying again.
In addition to answering the questions listed on this application, the following documents must be attached. Your application will be rejected if any of these documents are not included:
-- Cover letter including how your organization plans to use the funds.
-- Letter of determination from the Internal Revenue Service.
-- A copy of the current board-approved budget.
-- Recent financial statements, including statement of financial position (balance sheet) and statement of activities (profit and loss statement).
-- A listing of the board of directors, including their occupations or standing in the community.
-- A list of the top ten corporations, individuals, government agencies (including local, state, or federal grants), and foundations that donate to the organization. Include the dollar amount and percentage of total budget for each source.
-- State map from internet, with a circle around the county in which your organization is located.
Mail a cover letter, the signed application, and all required attachments by Wednesday, April 30, 2014 (postmark date).
The Mary Kay Foundation
P.O. Box 799044
Dallas, TX 75379-9044
Federal Express and UPS deliveries:
The Mary Kay Foundation
16251 Dallas Parkway
Addison, TX 75001
American Kennel Club Humane Fund Call for Appplications From Women's Shelters That Permit Pets
Up to $1,000 per year for a maximum of 3 years. Maximum: $3,000
Qualifications and Eligibility:
- Applicant must be (A) a not-for-profit organization that provides temporary or permanent housing for victims of domestic abuse and their pets, or (B), a not-for-profit organization that provides temporary or permanent housing for pets of victims of domestic abuse and has a formal, established working relationship with at least one not-for-profit shelter for victims of domestic abuse. Applicants in category (A) are preferred.
- AKC Humane Fund Women’s Shelter Grants are awarded for essential operational support relating to the housing of pets or capital improvements specifically for the housing and maintenance of pets.
- AKC Humane Fund Grants may not be used for fundraising purposes.
- An applicant may not apply for an AKC Humane Fund Grant if it has been awarded a grant from the AKC Humane Fund twice in the five calendar year period immediately preceding the application deadline.
- Applicants that are awarded grants must comply with a reporting process as indicated by the AKC Humane Fund.
ALL Applications must include the following materials, in this order:
- Completed Grant Application form with additional sheets attached as needed. The original form is required and must be signed and dated.
- Financial information regarding your shelter, including most recent financial statements (preferably audited), total current budget for the last completed fiscal year and for the current fiscal year of the organization, and a list detailing the principal sources of ongoing annual support for the organization.
- Copy of the IRS Determination letter confirming 501(c)(3) status
- A list of three (3) professional references (such as accountant, veterinarian, animal shelter operator, elected official, social worker, etc). Provide name, address and phone number for each reference contact.
- Applicants representing a pet shelter (See category B above) must provide a letter of referral from at least one Shelter for Victims of Domestic Abuse that the applicant assists. The letter must be on the Domestic Abuse Shelter’s letterhead, signed by the Executive Director of the Domestic Abuse Shelter and detail the extent of the relationship between your organizations.
- Applicants representing a pet shelter must complete Attachment A.
Applications are accepted on a quarterly basis and must be postmarked by the following dates: February 15, May 15, August 15, November 15
Mail completed applications to:
The AKC Humane Fund, Inc.
Attention: Grant Review Committee
260 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016