4 funding opportunities found in this category. Change the order of results:
Lowest Award to Highest
Highest Award to Lowest
Wayne F. Placek Grants
These grants support scientific research to increase the general public's understanding of homosexuality and to alleviate the stress that gay men and lesbians experience in this and future civilizations.
One $15,000 grant is available in research support.
Deadline: March 1, 2014
Sponsor: American Psychological Foundation
The grants support empirical research from all fields of the behavioral and social sciences on any topic related to lesbian, gay, or bisexual issues. Proposals are especially encouraged for empirical studies that address the following topics:
Heterosexuals' attitudes and behaviors toward lesbians and gay men, including prejudice, discrimination and violence.
Family and workplace issues relevant to lesbians and gay men.
Subgroups of the lesbian and gay population that have historically been underrepresented in scientific research.
These grants are made possible by a bequest from Wayne Placek, a participant in Dr. Evelyn Hooker's groundbreaking research in the 1950s, which showed that homosexuality is not a form of psychopathology. Since 1995, the Placek Fund has granted more than $1 million.
Must be either a doctoral‐level researcher or graduate student affiliated with an educational institution of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit research organization. Graduate students and early career researchers are encouraged to apply.
American Kennel Club Humane Fund Call for Appplications From Women's Shelters That Permit Pets
Up to $1,000 per year for a maximum of 3 years. Maximum: $3,000
Qualifications and Eligibility:
- Applicant must be (A) a not-for-profit organization that provides temporary or permanent housing for victims of domestic abuse and their pets, or (B), a not-for-profit organization that provides temporary or permanent housing for pets of victims of domestic abuse and has a formal, established working relationship with at least one not-for-profit shelter for victims of domestic abuse. Applicants in category (A) are preferred.
- AKC Humane Fund Women’s Shelter Grants are awarded for essential operational support relating to the housing of pets or capital improvements specifically for the housing and maintenance of pets.
- AKC Humane Fund Grants may not be used for fundraising purposes.
- An applicant may not apply for an AKC Humane Fund Grant if it has been awarded a grant from the AKC Humane Fund twice in the five calendar year period immediately preceding the application deadline.
- Applicants that are awarded grants must comply with a reporting process as indicated by the AKC Humane Fund.
ALL Applications must include the following materials, in this order:
- Completed Grant Application form with additional sheets attached as needed. The original form is required and must be signed and dated.
- Financial information regarding your shelter, including most recent financial statements (preferably audited), total current budget for the last completed fiscal year and for the current fiscal year of the organization, and a list detailing the principal sources of ongoing annual support for the organization.
- Copy of the IRS Determination letter confirming 501(c)(3) status
- A list of three (3) professional references (such as accountant, veterinarian, animal shelter operator, elected official, social worker, etc). Provide name, address and phone number for each reference contact.
- Applicants representing a pet shelter (See category B above) must provide a letter of referral from at least one Shelter for Victims of Domestic Abuse that the applicant assists. The letter must be on the Domestic Abuse Shelter’s letterhead, signed by the Executive Director of the Domestic Abuse Shelter and detail the extent of the relationship between your organizations.
- Applicants representing a pet shelter must complete Attachment A.
Applications are accepted on a quarterly basis and must be postmarked by the following dates: February 15, May 15, August 15, November 15
Mail completed applications to:
The AKC Humane Fund, Inc.
Attention: Grant Review Committee
260 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016