ScanGrants is a public service listing of grants and other funding types to support health research, programs and scholarship.
3 funding opportunities found in this category. Change the order of results:
Lowest Award to Highest
Highest Award to Lowest
Request for Proposals: Clinical Studies on Benign Colorectal Disorders
Letter of Intent Deadline: August 1
Application Deadline: October 1
Through the RFP Program, the Research Foundation intends to encourage the conduct of well designed clinical trials leading to a definitive answer to a specific colorectal program. The goal of the Research Foundation’s RFP program is to foster outstanding research in specific areas of colorectal diseases or disorders leading to the improvement and management of common, yet understudied colorectal questions. Pilot studies or phase I, II, or III trials are all appropriate clinical study designs. A peer review mechanism with emphasis on scientific merit will be used to rate proposals.
• The proposed research must be hypothesis-driven and investigator-initiated
• The proposed research must be conducted within the United States or Canada
• ASCRS member must be the Principal Investigator or a Co-Principal Investigator
• The number of RFP grants and the level of funding will be made at the discretion of the Research Foundation Board of Trustees.
• The award may be funded in whole or in part.
• The award need not be given every year.
• Funds are for direct costs only and are intended to establish new studies.
American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Limited Project Grants
Purpose: To provide investigator the opportunity to pursue research interest, specifically germane to the field of colon and rectal surgery. It is anticipated that successful research projects, initially funded through The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Research Foundation’s LPG mechanism, will ultimately secure funding from other national funding agencies.
Amount: Up to $50,000/year
Application Deadline: March 1st and October 1st
Review/Notification Date: Summer/Fall (March applicants) or Winter/Spring (October applicants)
American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
85 W. Algonquin Rd., Suite 550
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Career Development Award
Purpose: To provide young staff support for initiating and development of academic careers in the field of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus.
Amount: $75,000/year for two years
Application Deadline: October 1st
Review/Notification Date: Winter/Spring
• Within 5 years of first full-time faculty appointment in a US or Canadian government, public or private not-for-profit medical institution.
• US or Canadian citizen having completed an approved colorectal surgery training program; if foreign national, then must have valid working visa at time of application for colorectal department/institution where work is proposed.
• ASCRS members only
• The applicant must not currently have or have previously received a career development award from another funding source. If the applicant receives the Career Development Award from the ASCRS Research Foundation and is subsequently awarded another career development award from another funding source with overlapping funding period, the applicant must return the residual funds to the ASCRS Research Foundation, or decline the funding from another source. The exception is a career development award from the NIH K-series award.