Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise in Biomedical Science
The Vilcek Foundation will award three prizes of $35,000 each to young foreign-born biomedical scientists who demonstrate outstanding early achievement. Eligible work may be in basic, applied, and/or translational biomedical science.
To be eligible for the Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise in Biomedical Science, applicants must meet all of the criteria listed below:
1. Applicant must have been born outside the United States.
2. Applicant must not be more than 38 years old as of January 1, 2014.
3. Applicant must be a naturalized citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States.
4. Applicant must have earned a doctoral degree (MD, PhD, or equivalent).
5. Applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in the United States.
6. Applicant must hold a full-time position in an academic institution or other organization. Eligible positions include the following: Assistant or Associate Professor, Research Scientist, or equivalent. The applicant must be directly responsible for the design and execution of the work submitted for consideration. Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows working under the supervision of a mentor are not eligible.
7. Applicant must not be a past winner or finalist of the Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise.
An online application must be submitted by 11:59pm EDT, August 14, 2013.
Please be advised that you will be required to:
1. Provide personal information
2. Upload a PDF of your résumé
3. Upload a PDF with documentation of your immigration status
4. Upload PDF or Word files of your publications
5. Complete three essay questions
6. Request two letters of recommendation through the online application system